Short Inca Trail Packing List
Complete Short Inca Trail Packing List
An expert hiker knows, that he must prepare the necessary equipment, if he wants to conquer the fabulous Short Inca Trail. Unlike the 4-day Classic Inca Trail; on the short Inca hike to Machu Picchu the overnight, is at a hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes or at a campsite at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain in the area called Puente Ruinas. To carry in your daypack all the items, described on the packing list; is the key to enjoy fully this hike.
In this article we show you a complete packing list to fully enjoy the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
Essential Packing List Items for the Short Inca Trail
When checking the essential items that you have to take to the short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, be sure to bring the following:
- Valid and Original passport.
- Immigration card (you must received it on the plane).
- A camel bag or a water bottle (enough to hold 2-3 liters).
- Comfortable and used hiking boots.
- Valid student card (if you booked your trip as a student; ISIC card).
- Long easy drying pants.
- Short sleeve t shirt (the short Inca Trail is between 2000 to 2750 meters, located into the outskirt of the amazon forest with an average temperature of 26 celsius degrees).
- Daypack: Remind that you will only hike for a day on the Inca Trail, so the recommendation will be a small backpack of between 15 and 25 liters.Inside the daypack for the Short Inca Trail.
Some common and important items that you can include in your daypack:
- Sun hat and rain gear.
- Fleece jumper.
- Gel alcohol.
- Toilet paper.
- Sealable plastic waste bag.
- Extra money for tips, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
- Personal medication.
- First aid items.
- Bug spray.
- Wet wipes.
What is listed above, is what is necessary to comfortably explore the short Inca Trail and Machu Picchu; If you have a question or doubt about a garment or object to wear. Do not hesitate to contact us: www.incaspath.com we are here to advise you when you need it.