Quinoa: high protein beverage
Quinoa Chicha: high protein beverage
Quinoa is considered a superfood worldwide; This Andean cereal contains the 9 essential amino acids that our body needs. In Peru, especially in the city of Cusco; a juice is made from this cereal, which is very refreshing, delicious and above all healthy. This high quinoa protein beverage is very famous among andean people basically. It is sold in every corner of the Inca city.
Elaboration of chicha de quinoa
Ingredients for 6 glasses
- Half a kilo of Quinoa.
- 3 liters of water.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- 4 units of cloves.
Boil for 45 minutes, the three liters of water; with quinoa, cinnamon and cloves.
Let the drink cool for an hour or so; then liquefy and strain it.
You can drink it immediately as a beverage; or leave it to ferment for a couple of days. Some people also boil this drink, with pineapple rinds.
Benefits of consuming this high protein quinoa beverage
- Quinoa has the highest protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium index than any other cereal. Each grain of quinoa has between 19 and 25 protein percent.
- Quinoa is rich in fiber, and does not contain gluten.
- This cereal has the nine essential amino acids; that our body needs. It is the ideal food for vegans and vegetarians or anyone looking for a healthy, plant-based protein source.
- Consuming it regularly reduces the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- It also helps reduce cholesterol and glucose levels; and helps you lose weight.
- Scientific studies indicate that quinoa is able to relieve migraines and reduce blood pressure.
Quinoa according to the researchers, was cultivated for the first time; 5000 years ago in the surroundings of Lake Titicaca. Between the countries of Peru and Bolivia. On the Salkantay Trek, Lares Trek, Choquequirao Trek and Machu Picchu Inca Trail; You can see wild quinoa, that is, wild specimens not cultivated by man.